Saturday, March 12, 2011

Loss

 I knew that I didn't have any family left, except for my one sister. I have accepted this fact with ease. Nor have I focused on the loss of interaction with the remaining immediate living family. In a highly controversial statement, without the reader knowing the details, I am content with these facts, happy in that I don't have the fear of my deceased sisters family in my life. I know that when I do settle down, I will create my own family. One that I will have manifested on all the levels that healthy families function on. Love, respect, communication.

 When my other sister passed, the connection to her family quickly faded. Funny, I never had an interest in her husband as I knew he was not the kind of man to be honorable. Unfortunately, one of his son's also has no interest in maintaining a connection due to his fathers beliefs, not his own, as he doesn't know what his own beliefs are.

  I never reflect upon how my one living sister has had to deal with this loss. I am sad for her as in one day she lost her entire family except for me, due to what appears to be the inevitable break up of a family caused by the greed of others when someone dies. In her case it was more than greed. Money, things, were important, not basic human respect for another person. Yet,  her need to reach out, to forgive and move on is more than honorable. I am proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment