Tuesday, March 22, 2011

 The fog didn’t lift until around noon today. I was up by 530 as I fell asleep early. Full moons always make me tired. I went outside several times to view the morning stillness. It was if everything was frozen in time. Not a sound, only the beauty of feeling as though I am the only person to experience this miracle. By 930 I was out the door and off to wherever. I turned left out of the camping area, destination unknown. The road turned to a packed sand trail only for 2 tire’s and complete with several mud puddles to add to the other worldly feeling. The forest engulfed me with its tall pencil pines and leafy scrub underneath decorated like a Christmas tree with cobwebs shaped like balloons. The stillness through the fog persisted for another 2 hours while I walked around making virtually the only noise with the click of my camera. The deafening sound of silence held me in its power, waiting an hour for any sound to cross my ears. I think I could have heard a butterfly swoop by.

 I prayed and meditated, feeling at peace as the foggy stillness can bring me. After some time, I read a little and then decided to drive on. The road continued to tell its story while it lead me in a circle, back to camp where there are only 6 sites and one for the host. I was going to take another drive after lunch but to my glorious surprise, the neighbors in front of me left only a smoldering fire as my view is now unobstructed. The noise of flies and bees that make their home in the sand stay in tune with the wind blowing some leaves off the trees. Sunlight brings another form of peace yet energizes me. The mystery of unknown disappears in the brightness, bringing the conscious mind to the forefront.

 The host is a gentleman that states he is 70. He and his girlfriend stay in his RV next to the only water supply. A gracious fellow with white hair and activity level of a 30 year old. I have learned that everyone has a message to give so I listen to his stories. The first was about the one job he ever had in his life, always being self employed the rest of the time. The boss would chastise him in front of the other employees. He would walk into his boss’s office and ask him politely not to treat him that way, rather confront him in the office. The boss apologized, giving him a 50 cent raise. Well, as boss’s go, he did it again. And again he went into the office requesting that if words need to be spoken to call him into the office. Another 50 cent raise ensued. He stated that if it happens again, he would quit. Not another couple weeks later, he resigned. The other story was about this movie that he saw. The main character was a man who was decent looking but always thought that he should get the prettiest woman. The man didn’t look at what was inside these woman, only thier looks. Through the movie he learned of his previous poor choices and began to see the beauty of the person within. My host applied this to his life and now has a very compatible companion.


No comments:

Post a Comment