Wednesday, November 24, 2010

 Yesterday and today have been extremely productive. Last minute runs to Goodwill and the 2 storage locations that I have are requiring less possessions being moved about. My one location is at a friends barn where the goal was to keep what I deemed necessities. And things that I just didn't have time to sell. Funny what a person deems necessary. I kept, in no particular order of importance, gardening paraphernalia including my 2 beloved swings. There's just something about a swing that signifies a great view with time to enjoy it. The one is so beautifully crafted that I doubt I could ever find another. Childhood toys that are mostly my brothers. His are from the the late 50's and early 60's. They are just too cool to part with. Carpentry tools are always good to have. Books. What can I say. I love them. And a few miscellaneous items of kitschy home decor. I intend to return in the spring to have yet another yard sale and purging. The other storage location is at antoher friends. Here I kept Christmas items that I just can't part with. I use to be Mr. Christmas, spending thousands of dollars on decorations that were hand blown glass. Other items kept there are items that I didn't want to keep in a barn. This location isn't heated but it is an insulated room. Again, in the spring will be another purging, depending upon the lifestyle at the time. Great thing about life is that one never knows what the future holds. On my way home, I spotted a double rainbow. The 2nd one in my lifetime. I pulled over and just stared while the rest of the world seemed completely oblivious. And I didn't have my camera phone....

No comments:

Post a Comment