Monday, January 17, 2011

3 weeks

Hello Blog. 3 weeks. It's been that long?  I have experienced so much in such a short time. I'll start this blog by going back to the holidays, where I left off. It feels like such a very long time ago.
I spent time with sis and her gf on the29th. It was great to see them and enjoy some time together. They gave me a GPS for my truck which will greatly assist my wandering skills. I've reached that joyous age where driving, reading directions, looking for signs and traffic is becoming difficult. Also, they bestowed me with a T shirt which reads 'Not all who wander are lost.' Appropriate. Their friends came over later that day and we enjoyed what we all agreed to be the best Bloody Mary's ever.
 The next day was my 44th birthday. I was lucky to have a couple friends to share it with. We drank wine and had some great laughs. Looking back on my life that day proved to be difficult with the passing of mom the 31st and my brother Bill the 26th one year previous. I focused on myself and the fact that the rest of my life is mine, totally mine. Something I haven't had for a very, very long time. New Years was also difficult for a few minutes. I took pause to remember and honor the past. Then I made it a New Years to have fun, which I did.
 New Years day was a day to remember. A couple months previous to my dear sister Ellen's death, she came to visit me when I lived on the beach in Pass a Grille, Florida. I hadn't seen her in a while and when I did, I didn't recognize her. I was unprepared for the shock of seeing her in such a state. At that time I had a job working for a gentleman by the name of Rich. I was so distraught seeing my sister in such a state and having her visit that I quit my job with no notice, a decision that I have always regretted. That is not the man I want to be. However today, the Universe gave me a chance to correct a wrong from 7 years ago. In a crowd I spotted Rich. My first thought was that I had to apologize for my behavior. When I approached him, it took a few moments for him to remember me. He graciously accepted my apology and set the tone for a new year.

In Memory and Love

 I still find it difficult to look at pictures of mom. I just can't look at her face. I'm not ready.
 By the age of 42 I have lost both parents, a brother and a sister. Lori and I remain. What a life, what a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment