Friday, January 21, 2011

Merritt Island, Florida

 Leaving behind friends in this lifestyle is still difficult. I have had the opportunity to live in campgrounds for the summer when I was younger, and had to learn to say 'until we meet again.' That's all we really ever have. I will miss them.

  I arrived at Merritt Island at 11p after leaving Trilby a little after 8p. I was waiting for the traffic to subside around Orlando before departing and it made the journey much easier and less stressful. Actually, driving this time was more like-driving. I had purchased some extension mirrors that were highly recommended online. They have suction cups that attach to your existing mirrors. They worked great, aiding in my ability to see further into both lanes and down the side of the Fun Finder. I never met the speed limit, unless it was 55, so passing another vehicle isn't necessary. My arrival was picture perfect. The moon being full, lit the ponds and grounds as if to welcome me. Jim, the owner, stumbled over to great me and then Patricia with her dog Crumbface. A completely different world on many levels and I am anxious to see what this type of life experience is all about. I am expecting loads of positive learning, laughs and fun, spiritual enlightenment, and a peaceful soul. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment