Monday, January 24, 2011

Off the grid

 I am 100% off the grid. I have always wanted to try this lifestyle. I have read articles, blogs, books and now that the day is here, I am unprepared. Not totally unprepared mind you, I have taken steps that I thought were appropriate but apparently they aren't. The lights are dimming. Oh well, that's the great thing about knowing. I'll figure it out and The Universe will provide.

 I use to plan and research everything ahead. Caring for a parent and running a business, I utilized that skill to the utmost. I would visualize my workday the evening previous. I learned that my day went much better when I had already done everything once before. Also, I love to research. I can tell you laws and give you advice BETTER than some lawyers that I went to for information. At one point, after mom was diagnosed terminal, I went to the nursing home to find out what I would have to do if she had to be admitted. These things aren't always a choice.  In Pennsylvania, they send you to the state assistance office to fill out paperwork. I went with all my information in hand and then a caring, sweet lady that was assisting me noted a law that very few people if any knew about. The rural town that I lived in had mostly nice people who wanted to help you, nothing like the city life I was accustom to. As she was telling me the required paperwork that I would need, I was digging in my file and pulled it out. She stated that I was the only person that had ever had the information. Like I said, I love to research. So, whats going on here? Me, unprepared for this experience? The Universe provides.

  I have gotten back into my groove. The Universe knows what I need before I do and, it usually gives me something better than I could ever imagine. So why continue to screw up a good thing? I rented a tiny apartment on the beach in Florida years ago sight unseen. I showed up with a beach chair and a small table and lamp. No furniture, just my necessities. My friends came over to see the tiny beach front apartment that I had rented and weren't understanding. I told them that I had told God that I wanted an apartment on the beach. I prayed, talked, and sometimes meditated. That is what I wanted. Not an unreasonable request I though. So, when it showed up, I was in Pennsylvania visiting my sister who was having major health issues. I always dropped everything to be with her when she was ill. Anyway, no need to see the apartment I figure as it had been provided to me by The Universe. When it came time to furnish it, my thoughts were that The Universe gave me the apartment that was within my budget, so the furniture must be soon to follow. I didn't think God wanted me to sit in a beach chair too long. My friends were aghast. But the furniture showed up at my door, delivered. Now, as the saying goes, beggar's cant' be choosers, so I was extremely grateful for all the furniture given me. Ironically, it all fit and was the perfect size for my mini micro tiny beachfront apartment.
 The lights went out as I write this, the battery is dead.  I'll go start the generator and then lay here for a while talking to God, praying and maybe meditating, telling him that I need direction  to figure out how to resolve this problem, the money to accomplish the task, and is the case with age, as him to throw in some good laughs or at least a good story to tell. The Universe knows what I need before I need it. Maybe he'll even throw in a date for me too!

 tonight's sunset on Merritt Island

No comments:

Post a Comment