Saturday, January 29, 2011

Laundry day

 It's finally laundry day, not that I have so much underwear that I only have to do laundry once a month. I have learned some tricks about getting an extra day out of some items by turning them inside out. Hey, you live in a travel trailer for 59 days THEN we can talk about compromises necessary for this lifestyle. Anyway, going to a laundry mat has never been one of my top 10 things to do on a Saturday. Alas, I have not left my site. The owner has a washing machine outside with an organic dryer-a clothes line. He has a line of what appear to be washing machines, actually, 2 lines. Maybe some are dryers, who knows. They are all covered up with plastic of various kinds, wood, other metal washers, and rugs. All 8-12 of them.  I guess that the salt air would eat the metal or they would all get dirty and having a dirty washing machine is unacceptable to him. The raccoon that I spotted next to the water didn't appear to care. I am back at my site, sitting in the sun, actually shielding myself from it. It's sorta warm on the body at 9:37 am. The green trees surround me with numerous unknown birds slowly waking to the day. The gossipy ones chatting about their evening apparently. Yesterday there was a wood stork? in front of my trailer all day. 'Nice legs, shame about your face' are words to a song from long ago. They came to mind as its head looked like it were draped with a gray cloth. Like a villain from an old movie. Well, laundry should be ready. After breakfast I am going canoeing on the Indian River, right off the property. Ah, so so sweet.
sunset over Indian River

No comments:

Post a Comment