Sunday, May 15, 2011

back at the canyon

 Being in Flagstaff, I could bounce back and forth to Sedona and the Grand Canyon. I have since moved to just a few miles outside the Grand Canyon. I had uneasy feelings about coming here and am not sure why. Coming up without the trailer and checking out where to park was a big relief. Who thought that you could boondock right outside a National Park. But that hasn't relieved my tension. My spot outside the park is grand. Surrounded by tall pines and gorgeous sky, no explanation for the fear. Just after leaving my spot in Flagstaff, a hawk, which I haven't seen in a number of weeks, flew right in front of me. Hawks are my totem and I would always see them daily. This hawk flew just above the road, almost grazing it,  directly in front of me, as if leading me. Then it turned and flew to my left, south. The meaning? I'm with you is the first, stay low, keep your head low, watch out, watch where your going.....the pine needles crunch beneath my feet where I am boondocking, making me uneasy,  and there is a warning today due to wind and low humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment