Saturday, April 30, 2011

Aahhh

Peace. Tranquility.
Finally.

 Don’t get me wrong, Austin was wonderful. The people that I met and shared time with were difficult to leave. The city is amazing. So much to do on a cultural level, a small town feel, with the ability to recharge through nature, which is everywhere throughout the city. Then there was Carlsbad. Again, Eydie and Mike made the time there priceless. The connection to people is becoming a requirement for me. Then there was Albuquerque and Santa Fe. ABQ was a total ick. The energy there is not for me. I would be very content to never visit there again. Santa Fe was….sorry to say, a typical tourist town. I didn’t feel the connection that I was hoping for. I would consider a revisit, this time with a friend/s or a significant other.

 Finally, I have found peace. Listening to my souls needs has been difficult, for some idiotic reason. I instinctively knew what it needed but accomplishing it was a step into faith. Now that I have attained the lack of fear to fulfill my souls needs, I am confident that what it and I need will be provided.

 I am renewed. The past 2 days, although not perfect weather wise, actually far from it, have afforded me an inner peace that I haven’t felt for some time on this journey. I don’t mean to negate my previous experiences, that is not my intent. They were what I needed at that time. It is just to say that my souls needs are becoming unavoidable. By honoring its needs, it in turn honors me with total peace, tranquility, and an experience in nature that is filled with beauty and awe. I am boondocking in Madrid, NM. An old mining town from the 1800’s with lots of stories to support its drab façade. Mostly comprised of shacks, which I have an affinity for, that were imported from another mining town back east. While the land looks as though it was used as a sand box, the views it affords are as far as the eye can see. Valleys, plateaus, soft hills, gigantic mountains with snow on them all dotted with scrub brush the only green in sight. I can’t even imagine the next spot that will be off the beaten path, earmarked by fate to be my next address, if only for a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment