Thursday, April 14, 2011

Driving through Texas to NM

 The drive through western Texas to NM was a 2 day journey. The scenery changed constantly in Texas and who knew it could be so breathtaking. Soft rolling hills naked or covered with green short vegetation, majestic mountains with their tops shaved off, windmills for as far as the eyes could see atop mountain plateaus, and much more. Day 2 was...interesting. Their was a wind advisory, up to 50 mph. Wow. I'd have my foot on the pedal and the wind would push me back to 50 mph. I went through lots of extra gas but pushed on to Carlsbad for a fun reason. When I left Austin I prayed that this journey include more exchanges with fun and interesting people. For me, experiencing people is making this incredibly journey twice as enjoyable. Well, my sisters friend posted on my Facebook wall that her best friend lived in Carlsbad. I took a chance and contacted Holly who I have never met but knew that she has been my sisters friend for many years. I inquired if I could possibly talk to her friends or meet them to get an idea of the area. They invited me to park my trailer in their yard, chatted me up like an old friend would, broke bread, and are incredibly gracious. I feel sooo blessed to have met them. I know that my praying and expecting made a difference. I know that praying/setting myself up for what I want is as easy as asking for it, believing that I am worthy and that it will come, and then getting out of my own way so that it does come. It is a very easy concept that I have practiced for years with huge success. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment