Sunday, December 12, 2010

Settled in

 It's been a while since I have written. I had a great week with Greg and Mary in King, NC. It was a place of feeling safe to begin this journey.  I spent the time getting familiar with the Fun Finder, selling the final items on ebay, and just breathing. I went from one type of life to another in a matter of a day, not realizing the strain of the adjustment. Driving the Fun Finder turns out to be the most stressful. A few hours of driving feels like a full days worth. The cold from the north has dogged my entire travels, actually snowing 2 inches in King. I hate being cold. And finally, being faced with the anniversary of loosing Mom and brother Bill around the holidays is hitting me much harder than I thought. I cry at songs that we listened to as a kid, and thoughts of Christmas past. The beginning of this adventure is turning out to be off track from the vision. It seems to be turning into learning quite a bit about myself. A vision quest unintended. I'm not sure I'm ready for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment