Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm writing this with a bit of delirium about myself. I shortly arrived at my couchsurfing destination in Harrisonburg, VA. Mapquest stated that it would be a 5 hour 40 minute journey while it took the Fun Finder and me just over 8 hours. The weather this morning was just short of a typhoon with incessant rain and wind the 3 Little Pigs would be envious of. Several gusts caught us yet we weren't deterred. Although I believe there to be a permanent hand imprint on the steering wheel. I was neglectful of removing my eyes from the road as when I did, we consistently wandered where we weren't welcome, or at least where I didn't want to be. In the same lane as another moving V-hickle as Sherman Potter would say. Ann helped me pack this morning while the typhoon was under way but not in full force. Last evening we attempted to back the Fun Finder into her driveway. Picture her standing on the sidewalk in the rain with an umbrella in her hand, all closed, not open, shaking it every so often as if ringing a chickens neck while shouting out directions to me sitting in the truck. Did i mention it was dark out and that every car in Wellsboro decided right then to drive down Nichols street. Really. I did manage to add another scar to the Fun Finder but no success backing into her driveway. The mastering of that minor necessity will have to wait, along with all too numerous other trivial necessities such as leveling the trailer, maneuvering gas station pumps, and when not to use overdrive.

  Yesterday was the sale of moms house. I flip back and forth about what I call it. It really wasn't mine. I simply inherited it. Mom, Dad, Grandpa Stager and numerous other family members assisted in the construction on land that was from my paternal grandparents. Family members that have commented state that it is sad that it is gone, and I guess that it is for them.  I am not sad. Maybe someday, but life's too short and things are just things. Until we attach a memory or emotional value to them. Wherever I go, the past and all the people who shared it will always be with me

I am ready for this adventure of life to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment